Sunsets and stardust.

Sunsets and stardust//
.
You were like the sweet stardust
Thrown upon the world from heaven
Who showered joy and delight upon everyone.
.
I was the irregular destitute of sensible wit
Crammed into some desolate shell
Which when blown, rang of misery, solitude and chaotic scale.
.
A few droplets of your stardust
Seemed to enter my existence
Resembling the first ray of dawn into a cloudy sky
.
First filling up the atmosphere with the pinkish hue
And then following up with bright light
Bright enough to create shadows.
.
I was ecstatic
And dreamed about the breakfast
That we used to consume together,
Along with my cup of tea and your strong black coffee.
.
But I forgot.
.
The same sun that brightens up the day,
Sets down in West everyday.
The beauty of dusk is melancholic,
As if reminding the sun to stay.
.
Like telephone calls mixed up with tangled tapes,
We spent our days.
Night brought out fabulous dreams that you and me had to live.
.
Just like we ignore the first appearance of rust,
I ignored your signs of dismay and faltered steps.
We both had started to fall down together, but you decided to stay, unscathed and safe from this pathway.
.
I tried to hold onto you,
To make you stay,
To join our roughened up edges,
Hurting both ways.
.
I tried and tried,
And then I had to capitulate.
.
Your call was dusk,
Orange and bright,
And you had to go there,
Without any restrains.
So I left without any hard feelings,
With just a few sobs and a throbbing hurt.
.
The eyes never forgot
What you did and what you said,
Even though I know you are never coming back,
They tend to wait.
.
Every morning I see the sunrise with bright eyes,
And every dusk brings inconclusive tears to my eyes.
Yet my lips smile
Cause once you had said,
"Sunsets turn beautiful when you smile."
.
- Raj Nandani
.
Napowrimo 2020
Poem - 17
.
#napowrimo2020
#napowrimo #mediaclubmmv #wrapthefury #words #poetry #challenge

Comments

Popular Posts