Incomprehensible truth

Incomprehensible truth//

Have I ever told you how I remember every moment that I spent with you when it rains?
.
You always used to tell me to use punctuations while writing,
And then,
I used to add commas like pizza toppings on my already completed writings,
But you know my commas didn't melt into the words like their natural world,
Instead they stood out like sunray peeking from the small holes of window inside dark and dim portion.
.
The sunrays used to scatter the darkness away,
And showed me the swirls and patterns that dust used to make,
And like mother who used to open up that window to let the sunlight come,
You used to correct my conspicuous errors.
.
I know you must be thinking, where is all the rain about which I was speaking,
You see, here it comes, just like your limited patience to wait while I try to find words so that I can explain.
You were never a patient listener, stories never amused you like those crunched up numbers.
.
You are similar to rain in this way, impatient to fall and end up the work of the day.
The occurrence of liquid precipitation that fulfilled the parched earth was somehow similar to you silently fulfilling my unheard laugh.
.
You were incomprehensible for the whole world
Yet I somehow seemed to learn
The meanings behind your different motions.
.
Learnt and then unlearnt, because I never could fathom short sentences,
And you never could read paragraphs with patient.
.
- Raj Nandani
.
Napowrimo 2020
Poem 20
.
.
#napowrimo2020 #napowrimo #wrapthefury #wrapitrj #imagery #incomprehensible #mediaclubmmv #coronadiary

Comments

Popular Posts