College lockdown

One day,
After the college was closed,
After the students were back at home,
When the vacation was extended,
When we all had to go back as well
.
I sneaked away from hostel,
For I didn't know whether or not
To go in there,
And I went to my college.
.
I went to my college, and looked.
.
The corridors had quintessence of melancholy,
The garden was overgrown,
Even the birds seemed to have found themselves a new home.
.
Stour pillars lining the corridors,
Sun rays slanting in symmetrical score,
Locks and handles securing the doors,
My voice and footsteps echoing through those barren halls.
.
Grand and resolute,
But empty and desolate,
The chatter was amiss amidst that magnificent mansion,
Lost! Missing! Absent! and Gone!
.
And now, I'm home.
.
I wait,
Even from home,
For my reappearance in that educational epitome.
.
- Raj Nandani
.
Napowrimo Day 3
.
#napowrimo #napowrimo2020 #wrapthefury #wrapitrj #corridors #mmv #bhu #college #poems #writer #educationalepitome #mediaclubmmv #mediaclubmmvbhu #poet 

Comments

Popular Posts