Promise unkept.

You promised me that you won't leave,
You will stay till we both do breathe,
.
You will wait for me as I'll come back from hostel,
You'll watch me fly with my self moulded wings,
.
You promised to be there while I flew in the sky,
To warn me when I get too close the sun,
Or to help me focus when I am tangled in fun,
You promised me that you won't leave.
.
Today, when I'm miles away from you,
You gave up on that promise,
.
You embarked on your own journey,
The journey that you promised would wait,
Even though I knew you had to go,
I believed you and never thought to contemplate.
.
It's late, I know
Too late to remind you of your promises,
Too late to make you wait,
Too late,
It's too late.
.
You have passed to your own world,
The demise and creation where do splurge.
The mortal abode that you once occupied,
Has turned into an ancient shrine.
.
The soul that promised me the support and love,
Has crossed the shrine and reached the home,
.
You broke your promise,
You broke my heart,
Once again, time won,
And humans were left to mourn.
.
.
Raj Nandani
1st March 2020.
.
#wrapthefury #poems #frommythumbs #dedicated #loveandlost #wrapitrj

Comments

Popular Posts