Reminiscences


Retro looks and grainy pictures,
Tumbled out of diary,
I picked them up and smiled at them,
Staring at my uncle lost in reverie.
.
I searched him up on social media,
Found a dashing gentleman,
With some grey hair linings.
.
Smiling at ease,
The technology provides,
My eyes linger on telephone diary,
Now covered in dust and left carelessly,
Remembrance of the days of uncomplicated poetries.
.
Last pages filled with leaves and swirls,
And numbers noted in divergent curls,
With spiral space for writing instruments,
Tied to the thread with diary.
.
Even I remember
Some of the landline numbers
Who have now turned tragedies,
Love and quarrel,
Childhood battles,
All coming through spaces of memories.
.
I searched around and found a mound,
Dusted it and felt astound,
To find landline unharmed and in one piece.
.
My initials shone along with its body,
And I was the one who's now lost in nostalgic memories.
.
- Raj Nandani
Napowrimo 2020
Poem 27
.
#napowrimo2020
#napowrimo #napowrimonttt2020 #napowrimoprompttt2020 #wrapthefury #wrapitrj #words #telephone #landline #reminiscences #mediaclubmmv 

Comments

Popular Posts