Standing on the way

'Toughen up!'
.
I heard these words,
Not spoken to me,
But to some other amateur,
Who was yet to spread its wings,
Was restricted and shown the edge of division.
.
The tears dried on the cheeks,
The eye veins struggling to speak,
But one glare was enough,
To gulp down that emotional slush.
.
I flushed
Thousands arguments passed through my brain,
But I said none,
And just thought about the situation,
In vain.
.
Courage,
A trait I lack,
That causes me to stand aside
While people bark.
Stepping aside at times is required
But everytime?
It's ineptness of conscience.
.
Strangled by my own thoughts,
A few steps I walked.
Then,
Turned around after sudden stop.
.
I was standing on a crowded walkaway,
Voices issued from several indistinct doorways,
Tracing my path yet can't find the way,
The father-son duo had walked away.
.
- Raj Nandani
.
Napowrimo 2020
Day 17
Poem - 15
.
#napowrimo2020 #napowrimo #napowrimotttprompt #standingontheway #poem #wrapthefury #wrapitrj #mediaclubmmvbhu #mediaclubmmv 

Comments

Popular Posts