Quarantine day 18

Quarantine day 18.
.
A lot of cravings have resided,
I have learnt living with family members again,
I have started to wake up on time,
Maybe not completely,
But I am trying.
.
The ruined sleep patterns,
The destroyed diet,
All are turning into mumma's special priming.
.
The carelessness of hostel rooms,
The messy table and the scrunched up bed,
The morning birds croon,
Have changed here, like a bedsheet washed up and groomed.
.
The slow pace of life in rooms,
In the beginning seemed to suffocate,
The panic and anxiety,
Leading to fight sessions till late.
.
We all have searched ourselves,
And found that 'thing' hidden beneath,
And have recognised and started to propagate,
Not once letting the procrastination win.
.
Sleep is in abundant,
Good food near hand,
We have almost every basic thing,
Still it sometimes, suffocate.
.
Coping and helping others cope,
Love through phones we spread,
Talks are rejuvenating, and video calls suddenly seem important.
.
I have also settled in a routine,
Disrupted by small things,
Reading, writing, talking, loving,
I have begun to like this quarantine,
.
.
.
Still,
Somewhere within,
I find myself looking at my phone screen,
Waiting for that news,
The news to end this routine.
.
Everything is good, at least for privileged ones like me,
I am with my family, happy and within,
Yet,
I have one unanswered craving.
.
I crave for the city which taught me that
What feels like love can also be quaint
City of ghats, that at first sight may not attract,
But as you settle within, can root up in your abstract.
.
I crave for those lanes, confusing yet calm,
Asking to step forward and lose in the whimsical environment,
Proving on every turn that it's yet to be explained,
Popping up with stories that are eccentric and aberrant.
.
I crave for Banaras,
'Where supreme light shines'.
.
I crave for Banaras,
Where life and death go side by side.
.
I crave for Banaras,
Where quaint meets present.
.
- Raj Nandani.
.
The city that you love was one of the prompt for today's poetry, but what drew me towards this piece was my friends' stories.
.
Just like me, they all are missing Banarasiya ghats and streets.

Comments

Popular Posts