I seek to create my own paradise

 Blurred faces, dizzy memories,

Empty plates and free flowing stories,

The laughter echoed and the heads turned smilingly,

The hugs and kisses were shared willingly.

.

The lights were brightened and shades pulled over,

Hide and seek of shadows created misty cover,

Clinks and gulps were heard and spared,

Clanking knives fetched up in uneasy stares.

.

Life was as it used to appear,

Tough and terrible with exuberant flare.

.

Today,

It's not exactly is the same sphere.

.

The table in the middle is the way it fares,

Empty and desolate,

Yet enchantingly pleasurable.

.

We seek, we run, 

we reach, get trapped,

Stuck on the unending loop

Of uncertainty and never-ending unrest.

.

I claw, I scratch, try to get out of this mess,

I find myself more tangled and stressed.

Then these words come to my rescue,

Saving me from this unpleasant queue.

.

These words help me express,

My mental retrogress,

Filled with lots of emotions and stress,

Imbuing me with imagination so fresh.

.

When in doubt, I write all about

The mental emotions, the mirrored devotion,

The lonely pathways, those walks in far-aways.

.

I write and write and write and write,

And tear the tissues and stab the eyes,

I write it all to my own emotional demise.

.

And then, when I'm enough revitalised,

I seek to create my own paradise.

.

-Raj Nandani

Comments

Popular Posts