Foregone stories.


.
I don't have that heavy camera
With flashlights in front
Emitting dazzling flashes that leaves
The eyes of the subject of exposure
Into dreamy land of oblivion 
For a few moments,
Before 
It turns the scenery along with
The excited humans in it
Into a more intangible yet tangible 
Mode of transportation
Through times and memory restrictions.
.
Instead I have a more sophisticated
Means of communication
That allows me to
Preserve relevant moments, and irrelevant ones too,
Into small and concise representation
Of my memories of those fleeting reverberation.
.
Yet, I find my fingers searching for
A better depiction
Of the stories that I experienced
And memories that are still vivid
In the corner of my grey matters.
.
The faculties of my mind never fail to remind the power they possess, in abundance of life;
The eyes that see and the mind that stores,
Always pointing out memories,
Even when I had myself convinced of their omissions from mental grounds.

- Raj Nandani.

Comments

Popular Posts