One Day

One day I will spend all the ink within me into writing the story of this world and that will be an epic,

One day I will pour out all the juice within me and that will be the exquisite kind of wine,

One day I will dance out of my soul and that will be the Nataraja stance,

One day I will slip on the shoes and run that distance and that will be the conquering of this globe,

One day I will chant the rhymes/ hymns and that will fill the hearts till brim,

One day for sure I will set my mark and be a connoisseur,

But for now, I wait.


I wait upon my cot in the corner,

Lying on which, I form my dreams without stir.

I wait not for the opportunity, nor the inspiration to work on that,

I wait not for a person or a condition to take,

I don’t want them

I don’t need them

I wait for that unusual hunch that throws me on the way,

That pushes me through thick and thin on that way,

That makes my efforts double up even when in vain,

That helps me form my own cloud even when in rain.


Yes, it is that unusual stuff that makes me and nourishes me,

Even when those near me sighs and sympathise with me.

No, I don’t need their sympathies, neither the so called empathies,


I am enough for me,

I am enough for me,


My hunches and my own self working on them,

Even if it seems to others a restrain.

But for now, sleep calls me,

Lullabies and stories of my reverie turning into fantasies,

Then again I bid adieu,


Next time maybe, I will bring that true, then

One day, I will again be myself, doing things other than the daily stuffs that everyone do.

For now,

I close my eyes and return back to reality.


-Raj Nandani

Comments

Popular Posts