Walking alone.

//
Walking alone on the road,
The sun setting behind the trees.
The group of friends,
The hurried delivery boy,
The policemen on duty,
The girl gang, laughing hysterically,
Passing them all,
I moved forward.
I walked and walked,
Surmised by my environment.
Hoodie pulled closer
As the temperature dropped,
Hah! I sighed,
To see the floating fog.
The simple delight,
The childhood flight,
To form clouds in front of my eyes,
It all ran at once through my mind,
Bliss!
That's how it felt.
//
I walked and walked,
And the time passed,
The nature dimmed it light,
Dusk was settling in
Along with a creepy fright.
Lone and on foot,
It was enough
To be scared of owl's hoot.
//
Every passing group,
That once sent a smile,
Felt like a group of stalkers,
Stalking by.
Every policeman now seems,
A danger who's in dress,
The security that those badges meant
Suddenly faded,
As the light went away.
//
The chirping birds vanished,
Don't know where.
The same trees on return journey,
Seemed to stare,
Every passing shadow made me,
Clutch my mobile phone and tap the emergency key.
//
The wandering pace of a traveller,
Turned into a jog,
No, I didn't need the exercise,
I just wanted to be on the safe side,
Of that lonesome road,
That once once gave birth to
Unheard melodies,
Started to sound like a
Shriek in a closed alley.
//
The enjoyment vanished,
Replaced by fears,
What I had heard,
I exactly experienced and feared.
//
Once the hostel was in view,
The pace slowed and fear bid adieu.
The familiarity felt like a safe cocoon.

Once I was safe, the turmoil was on lose,
How to promote walking tours,
If I'm also scared of unknown goons.
The safety training and all the instructions,
Once agin felt disdain,
I was back to step 1,
The molested survivor thought in vain.
//
- Raj Nandani
16th November 2019
.
.
Tried to write something sensible, I hope you'll love it and drop some precious suggestions to improve it. Share it if you like it ♥ 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts