A new start

Hello readers,

A new year, a new month, a new week and a new date that’s what we got at the start of this year. However, the New Year’s occasion will come next year too but what will change is YOU.

 

A year has 365 days, 52 weeks and 12 months. But in those 365 days, we have a bunch of experiences to learn from, a tons of events to rejoice for, a fistful of friends to fight with and just one life to Live.

 

The days pass without waiting for anyone or anything whether we like it or not. The months pass rapidly when we want it to hold on. The desire to have fun remains as usual and the occasion passes away and we keep thinking, ‘What the heck just happened?’ We are supposed to go somewhere and end up somewhere else.

 

The most difficult of all is to keep up with the resolutions and routines that are decided on 1st January. Well, I don’t know about you all but my resolutions die a very fast and clean death. No choking on the smoke death but clean beheading. The one and only resolution that I am able to keep up is my Goodreads Challenge. I am able to surpass it easily and then I have to keep rein on my reading in order to concentrate on the study.

 

Not a single session of study gets completed without me daydreaming about the characters and events of my current read. I always hug my books to bed just feel the presence of my favorite characters who will protect me if any of bad dreams tried to sneak past my guards.

 

The physical books get a little bit moody and mostly angry when I start to read any e-book. They start giving me unfriendly glances which seem to say, this-girl-here-can’t-be-our-owner. Yeah, they get a little bit hurt.

 

Also, every time I want to combine my lone life with my social life, they both jump apart shaking everything just like two North poles. Thus I have to operate the social life behind the back of my lonely reading life and vice versa.

 

This is the only routine I’m able to keep working all these years and this year again. Rest other resolutions have to wait till the whole lot of books in the world end. Anyways apart from my blabbering, wish you all a very fabulous and fantastic new year. Also, may your resolutions come to a healthy and prosperous end.

 

With lots of love

Raj Nandani

Comments

Popular Posts