Temptation

As soon as I picked up the phone,

The light outside my room shone.


The knock on my door was a warning,

The heart beat race was starting.


My hands moved mechanically,

Searching the table to hide my ally.


The phone was dumped between the books,

The face expression said I will puke.


Mom's head peeped through the door,

I felt the chill of the sea shore.


She eyed me suspiciously,

Her sleep deprived eyes looked warily.


Her expert eyes scanned my table,

I suddenly remembered all fake fables.


Waiting, I took concentrating aim,

But the thunder I dreamt never came.


Instead came a warm palm,

As if telling me to calm.


Mom asked me to sleep now,

Said " Stop studying in so long rows"


The blood rushed to my cheeks,

I hadn't blushed for weeks.


After my mom was gone,

Relief and guilt in my mind shone.


The subconscious mind was screaming,

'She knew what you were doing.'


The heart murmured, very slow,

'Your mom loves you enough to break her vow.'


Her vow, I remembered with a sad smile,

Was not to let me use that stupid mobile.


That day I realized her pain,

To see me wasting my time in vain.


- Raj Nandani


Hello guys,

Sorry for long absence. This was due to school and studies.

This poem is also based on our school days. We all have passed or passing the stage of students. As a student our main focus is studies (or it is supposed to be ) but we all are tempted to do all other things which we shouldn't.

As a student, many of us find nighttime to be the best for studying as this time we all are away from hustle and bustle of days. If not this then everybody has their particular reason to study at a particular time.

Many a times, we keep listening to music while studying. There must be a scientific reason but let's not go deep down into it. In my case, music helps me in better concentration. So, the phone is always with me. Once while studying at night, I got tempted to use it. I tried hard to fight the temptation but in vain.

This poem describes my exact condition at that time. I didn't liked the situation at all and then left using phones at nighttime while studying. Please tell me about your temptations you can't resist.

If you liked it then please comment below about it. Also tell me about your strange situations while studying.

If you loved it then do share (just a favour I'm asking).

Hoping the best.
 Raj Nandani

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts